SlicingDice's Terms of Service
Effective Date: June 13, 2016
THESE SLICINGDICE TERMS OF SERVICE (THE "TERMS") ARE PART OF A LEGAL CONTRACT BETWEEN SLICINGDICE AS ("SLICINGDICE ", "WE" OR "US") AND PERSONS OR ENTITIES ("YOU") REGISTERING FOR AN ACCOUNT ("ACCOUNT") TO USE OR PURCHASE A SUBSCRIPTION TO THE WEB-BASED SERVICE PROVIDED BY SLICINGDICE ("SLICINGDICE"), OR SIMPLY USING THE WEBSITE WWW.SLICINGDICE.COM ("SITE").
THE TERMS, TOGETHER WITH ANY ADDITIONAL TERMS AND CONDITIONS AND/OR POLICIES REFERENCED AND INCORPORATED HEREIN, OR WHICH INCORPORATE THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS, PROVIDE ALL OF THE TERMS AND CONDITIONS INCLUDED IN A LEGALLY BINDING CONTRACT BETWEEN YOU AND SLICINGDICE (THE "AGREEMENT"). THE AGREEMENT GOVERNS YOUR USE OF THE SITE, AND, IF YOU REGISTER FOR AN ACCOUNT, YOUR USE OF SLICINGDICE THROUGH YOUR ACCOUNT WITH THE SITE. IF YOU REGISTER FOR AN ACCOUNT ON BEHALF OF AN ENTITY, YOU HEREBY REPRESENT AND WARRANT TO SLICINGDICE THAT YOU HAVE THE ACTUAL AUTHORITY TO BIND SUCH ENTITY TO THE AGREEMENT. SLICINGDICE RESERVES THE RIGHT TO CHANGE THE TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF THIS AGREEMENT BY POSTING MODIFIED TERMS AND CONDITIONS, ALONG WITH AN EFFECTIVE DATE FOR MODIFIED TERMS. OTHERWISE, YOU AGREE THAT THE AGREEMENT BETWEEN YOU AND SLICINGDICE MAY ONLY BE MODIFIED BY A WRITTEN AMENDMENT SIGNED BY AN AUTHORIZED EXECUTIVE OF SLICINGDICE.
IF YOU DO NOT AGREE WITH ANY OF THE TERMS IN THE AGREEMENT, YOU MAY NOT USE THE SITE, REGISTER FOR AN ACCOUNT OR USE SLICINGDICE. BY USING THE SITE, REGISTERING FOR AN ACCOUNT AND/OR USING SLICINGDICE, YOU IRREVOCABLY AGREE TO ALL OF THE TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF THE AGREEMENT APPLICABLE TO SUCH ACTIVITY.
1. Your Account
(a) In order to use SlicingDice, you must first register for an account on the Site. If you sign up for, or purchase a subscription to, SlicingDice through a third party, you will create the Account either (i) through the third party's site or (ii) by being redirected to the Site to create an Account.
(b) By creating the Account, you are responsible for maintaining the security of your Account (including, but not limited to, login credentials, security-keys and the correct configuration of access control lists), and you are fully responsible for all activities that occur under your Account, and any other actions taken in connection with your Account. You agree to immediately notify SlicingDice of any unauthorized use of your Account, or any other breaches of security of which you become aware. SlicingDice will have no liability for any acts or omissions on your part, including any damages of any kind incurred as a result of such acts or omissions.
(c) Your Account will be your main point of contact for SlicingDice. Any notifications regarding SlicingDice will be sent to the email address registered with your Account.
2. API Access and Usage
(a) Subject to the terms and conditions of this Agreement, during the Term, SlicingDice grants you a limited, non-exclusive, non-transferable, non-sub-licensable, non-assignable license to access and use the selected proprietary application programming interface solely to implement, integrate and use the SlicingDice technology and services for personal or internal business purposes.
(b) SlicingDice makes the API available to you electronically, requiring an SlicingDice API Key for you to access the services. As a condition of receipt and use, of this Key it is acknowledged that API key is to be kept private. It may not be shared or otherwise disclosed to third parties. You acknowledge that it is your responsibility to protect this API Key. You also acknowledge that you will not create multiple accounts to get multiple API Keys at any time and under whatever circumstances.
(c) Except as expressly authorized under this Agreement, Customer may not:
- (i) Copy, rent, lease, sell, transfer, assign, sub-license, disassemble, reverse engineer, create derivative works, decompile, modify, adapt or alter any part of the SlicingDice API;
- (ii) Use the SlicingDice API on behalf of any third party or otherwise make the API available over a network where it could be used by others;
- (iii) Create multiple accounts and/or use multiple API Keys;
- (iv) Publish information obtained through use of the API;
- (v) Use the SlicingDice API to disable, interfere with, or override SlicingDice services in a manner that bypasses this Agreement or the API Key registration process, including but not limited to; proxy servers, spiders, robots or other technology;
- (vi) Use the SlicingDice API in any manner that violates any laws directly or indirectly.
3. SlicingDice Standard and SlicingDice Premium
(a) You may elect to use one of two versions of SlicingDice, "SlicingDice Standard" or "SlicingDice Premium", when the last becomes publicly available.
4. Your Data
(a) In connection with your use of SlicingDice, you or some or all of your end users may send information, content and data (collectively, "Data") to, or retrieve Data from, SlicingDice. You are entirely responsible for the content, accuracy and completeness of such Data, and any loss, liabilities or damages resulting from the Data, regardless of whether the Data consists of, including but not limited to, text, graphics, audio, video, or computer software.
(b) By making Data available to SlicingDice, you represent and warrant that:
- (i) you own or have the necessary licenses to provide the Data to SlicingDice, and the provision of the Data to, and use of the Data by, SlicingDice as contemplated herein will not, to your knowledge, infringe the intellectual property rights, including but not limited to copyright, patent, trademark or trade secret rights, of any third party;
- (ii) the Data does not contain any viruses, worms, malware, Trojan horses or other harmful or destructive code;
- (iii) the Data is not spam, is not machine or randomly-generated, and does not contain unethical or unwanted commercial content designed to drive traffic to third party sites or boost the search engine rankings of third party sites, or to further unlawful acts (such as phishing) or mislead recipients as to the source of the material (such as spoofing);
- and (iv) you have, in the case of Data that includes computer code, accurately categorized and/or described the type, nature, uses and effects of the Data, whether requested to do so by SlicingDice or otherwise.
(c) To the extent you communicate any Data relating to an identified or identifiable individual ("Personal Data") to SlicingDice, or SlicingDice obtains any Personal Data from you, SlicingDice agrees that it (and/or its contractors) will not collect, access, use, store, disclose, transfer or otherwise process (collectively, "Process" or "Processing") any such Personal Data except
- (i) for the purposes of this Agreement, including without limitation, to implement and deliver SlicingDice and its features and associated services, provide customer support, and help you prevent or address service or technical problems;
- (ii) as expressly permitted by you in this Agreement or otherwise; or
- (iii) as compelled by law.
You shall make such disclosures, obtain such consents, provide such choices, implement such safeguards in compliance with, and otherwise comply with, any applicable law, rule or regulation regarding the Processing of Personal Data of any individual whose Personal Data your employees, contractors or other agents Process (including, without limitation, by disclosing the Personal Data to SlicingDice) in connection with your use of or access to SlicingDice and its features and associated services. For purposes of this Agreement, you act as a "data controller" and SlicingDice acts as a "data processor" with respect to Personal Data, as these terms are defined in Directive 95/46/EC of the European Parliament and of the Council of 24 October 1995 on the protection of individuals with regard to the processing of personal data and on the free movement of such data and any replacement directive or regulation imposing equivalent obligations.
(d) By submitting Data to SlicingDice, you hereby grant SlicingDice a worldwide, royalty-free, and non-exclusive right to reproduce, modify, adapt and publish the Data solely for the purpose of enabling SlicingDice to provide you the service. If you wish to delete Data from your Account, SlicingDice will use reasonable efforts to remove it, but you acknowledge that backups, caching or references to the Data may not be made immediately unavailable.
(e) Without limiting any of the foregoing, SlicingDice has the right, though not the obligation, in SlicingDice's sole discretion, either to or
- (i) refuse or remove any Data for any reason;
- (ii) terminate or deny access to and use of SlicingDice for any individual or entity for any reason.
SlicingDice shall have no obligation to provide a refund of any amounts previously paid by any such individual, or entity having been denied access.
5. Payment Terms
(a) With the exception of any free trial period, or where otherwise explicitly noted, you are required to pay a fee for the right to access and use SlicingDice. Except where You purchase a Subscription to SlicingDice Premium, You must provide a valid credit card, as well as name and address, to SlicingDice's payment processor in order to make use of SlicingDice. You are responsible for keeping the payment details up to date. A credit card is not required to start a free trial.
(b) SlicingDice will charge your credit card on a monthly basis in arrears based on your elected subscription together with SlicingDice's measurements of your use of SlicingDice, unless otherwise agreed to in writing. However, SlicingDice reserves the right to require up-front payment for some features or functions of SlicingDice. You agree to pay the then-prevailing fees for your use of SlicingDice, as set forth on the Site. Prices are exclusive of all sales, use, value added and excise taxes. You are responsible for paying all taxes and government charges, if any, in your own jurisdiction.
(c) Any outstanding balance becomes immediately due and payable upon termination of your use of SlicingDice for any reason.
(d) Late payments will bear interest at the rate of 1% per month (or the highest rate permitted by law, if less). You are responsible for paying all reasonable expenses and attorneys' fees that SlicingDice incurs in connection with collecting unpaid amounts that are past due. SlicingDice reserves the right to terminate your right to access and use SlicingDice for failure to timely pay amounts due. In order to dispute any amount billed to you for your use of SlicingDice, you must do so within ten (10) days of being billed for such amounts, or you will be deemed to have waived your right to dispute such amounts.
(e) You acknowledge and agree that any credit card and related billing and payment information that you provide to SlicingDice may be shared by SlicingDice with companies who work on SlicingDice's behalf, such as payment processors and/or credit agencies, solely for the purposes of checking credit, effecting payment to SlicingDice and servicing your Account. SlicingDice shall not be liable for any use or disclosure of such information by such third parties.
(f) SlicingDice may change its fees and payment policies at any time, provided that such changes will apply upon the start of the next billing cycle. Changes to the fees or payment policies will be posted on the Site and/or through any of our established communication channels.
(g) You may not register multiple Accounts to simulate or act as a single Account or otherwise access SlicingDice in a manner intended to avoid incurring fees.
(h) SlicingDice may offer a discount of the fees otherwise payable to use SlicingDice, in exchange for your payment of fees in advance. Discounts are non-transferable and any up-front fees are non-refundable. A discount cannot be changed after purchase or further discounted. If applicable, you are informed of the period of the discount. When a discount expires, you will continue to be charged for access to and use of SlicingDice, at the then-current rates.
(a) You shall not:
- (i) use SlicingDice to store or transmit computer viruses, worms, time bombs, Trojan horses and other harmful or malicious code, routines, files, scripts, agents or programs;
- (ii) use SlicingDice to store or distribute any information, material or data that is harassing, threatening, infringing, libelous, unlawful, obscene, or which violates the privacy or intellectual property rights of any third party;
- (iii) access or use SlicingDice if you are a direct competitor of SlicingDice;
- (iv) access or use SlicingDice for purposes of monitoring its availability, performance or functionality, or for any other benchmarking or competitive purposes, including, without limitation, for the purpose of designing and/or developing any competitive services;
- (v) make access to SlicingDice through your account available to any third party;
- (vi) sell, resell, rent, lease, offer any time sharing arrangement, service bureau or any service based upon, SlicingDice; (vii) interfere with or disrupt the integrity or performance of SlicingDice or third-party data contained therein;
- (viii) attempt to gain unauthorized access to SlicingDice or any associated systems or networks; or (ix) modify, make derivative works of, disassemble, decompile or reverse engineer SlicingDice or any component thereof.
(b) If SlicingDice believes, in its sole discretion, that you have violated or attempted to violate any of the forgoing restrictions, SlicingDice may suspend or terminate your access to SlicingDice.
(c) If your use of SlicingDice with or without your knowledge exceeds the average usage in such a manner that it causes problems for other customers, as determined solely by SlicingDice, we reserve the right to throttle or pause your use of SlicingDice, with or without prior notice.
Please contact us if you need to assess performance by benchmarking for more than five minutes.
7. Copyright Infringement
(a) SlicingDice may, in appropriate circumstances and at our discretion, terminate your access to SlicingDice and/or access to the Site for users who infringe the intellectual property rights of others. If you believe that your work is the subject of copyright infringement and/or trademark infringement and appears on our Site or is stored in SlicingDice, please provide SlicingDice's designated agent the following information:
- (i) A physical or electronic signature of a person authorized to act on behalf of the owner of an exclusive right that is allegedly infringed.
- (ii) Identification of the copyrighted and/or trademarked work claimed to have been infringed, or, if multiple works are covered by a single notification, a representative list of such works.
- (iii) Identification of the material that is claimed to be infringing or to be the subject of infringing activity and that is to be removed or access to which is to be disabled at the Site or SlicingDice, and information reasonably sufficient to permit SlicingDice to locate the material.
- (iv) Information reasonably sufficient to permit SlicingDice to contact you as the complaining party, such as an address, telephone number, and, if available, an electronic mail address at which you may be contacted.
- (v) A statement that you have a good faith belief that use of the material in the manner complained of is not authorized by the copyright and/or trademark owner, its agent, or the law.
- (vi) A statement that the information in the notification is accurate, and under penalty of perjury, that you are authorized to act on behalf of the owner of an exclusive right that is allegedly infringed.
- SlicingDice 's agent for notice of claims of copyright or trademark infringement on this Site or SlicingDice can be reached as follows:
Address: Av. Dr. Chucri Zaidan, 1550, São Paulo, SP, 04713003, Brazil
Please also note that for copyright infringements under Section 512(f) of the Copyright Act, any person who knowingly materially misrepresents that material or activity is infringing may be subject to liability.
(b) SlicingDice will notify you that we have removed or disabled access to copyright-protected material that you provided, if such removal is pursuant to a valid DMCA take-down notice that we have received. If you receive such notice from us, you may provide us with a counter-notification in writing to SlicingDice designated agent that includes all of the following information:
- (i) Your physical or electronic signature;
- (ii) Identification of the material that has been removed or to which access has been disabled, and the location at which the material appeared before it was removed or access to it was disabled;
- (iii) A statement from you under the penalty of perjury, that you have a good faith belief that the material was removed or disabled as a result of a mistake or misidentification of the material to be removed or disabled; and
- (iv) Your name, physical address and telephone number, and a statement that you consent to the jurisdiction of a court for the judicial district in which your physical address is located, or if your physical address is outside of the United States, for any judicial district in which SlicingDice may be located, and that you will accept service of process from the person who provided notification of allegedly infringing material or an agent of such person.
(c) SlicingDice reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to terminate the account or access of any user of our website and/or service who is the subject or repeated DMCA or other infringement notifications.
8. Intellectual Property
(a) This Agreement does not transfer from SlicingDice to you any intellectual property rights, and all right, title and interest in and to SlicingDice will remain (as between the parties) solely with SlicingDice or its third party suppliers. SlicingDice, the SlicingDice logos, and all other trademarks, service marks, graphics and logos used in connection with SlicingDice and the Site are trademarks or registered trademarks of SlicingDice or SlicingDice's third party suppliers. Other trademarks, service marks, graphics and logos used in connection with the Site may be the trademarks of other third parties. SlicingDice grants to you no right or license to reproduce, or otherwise use any SlicingDice or third-party trademarks in connection with your use of SlicingDice.
(b) SlicingDice will be free to use, irrevocably, in perpetuity and for any purpose, all suggestions or feedback (collectively, "Feedback") provided to SlicingDice by Customer, or its Affiliates and their respective employees, Contractors or other agents, with respect to SlicingDice, the Support Services, the Community Software and/or the Commercial Software. The foregoing grant of rights is made without any duty to account to any of the foregoing persons or entities for the use of such Feedback.
(a) You may terminate this Agreement at any time by canceling your Account with SlicingDice. Termination of this Agreement shall neither release you from any obligations undertaken under the clauses of this Agreement, nor from any obligations to pay us for any outstanding fees. Any outstanding fees will be billed to you or withdrawn from your registered credit card. You will not receive any refunds by canceling your Account.
(b) SlicingDice may terminate your access to all or any part of SlicingDice at any time, with or without cause, with or without notice, effective immediately. You agree that SlicingDice will not be liable to you or any third party for any such termination.
(c) You are solely responsible for deleting or retrieving your Data from SlicingDice prior to termination of your Account for any reason. If we terminate your Account, we will provide you with a reasonable opportunity to retrieve your Data from SlicingDice, if you so request. Such a request must be sent by email to SlicingDice within seven (7) days after you receive notice regarding the termination. In any event, Data will be deleted from SlicingDice no earlier than fourteen (14) days after the termination notice regarding your Account has been sent to you.
(a) SLICINGDICE AND THE SITE ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND. SLICINGDICE AND ITS SUPPLIERS AND LICENSORS HEREBY DISCLAIM ANY ALL WARRANTIES, EXPRESS, IMPLIED OR STATUTORY, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE AND NON-INFRINGEMENT. NEITHER SLICINGDICE NOR ITS SUPPLIERS AND LICENSORS MAKES ANY WARRANTY THAT THE SITE AND/OR SLICINGDICE WILL BE ERROR FREE, TIMELY, MEET YOUR SPECIFIC REQUIREMENTS OR THAT ACCESS THERETO WILL BE CONTINUOUS OR UNINTERRUPTED.
(b) You understand and agree that your use of the Site and SlicingDice is entirely at your own risk. In the event of failure, we do not refund or credit any fees for any reason.
(c) Furthermore, while SlicingDice reserves the right, it has no obligation to monitor all of the content, data or information posted on the Site and/or uploaded to SlicingDice by third parties, and therefore is not responsible for any such content, data or information. SlicingDice does not represent or imply that it endorses any such content, data or information, or that we believe such content, data or information to be accurate, useful or non-harmful. You are responsible for taking precautions necessary to protect yourself, and your computer systems from viruses, worms, Trojan horses, and other harmful or destructive materials. SlicingDice disclaims any responsibility for any harm resulting from the use by you of the Site or SlicingDice, or from any downloading by you of material posted there.
11. Limitation of Liability
TO THE GREATEST EXTENT PERMISSIBLE UNDER APPLICABLE LAW, IN NO EVENT WILL SLICINGDICE, OR ITS SUPPLIERS OR LICENSORS, HAVE ANY LIABILITY FOR ANY DAMAGES WHATSOEVER, WHETHER DIRECT OR INDIRECT, IN CONNECTION WITH THE SITE OR THE PROVISION OF SLICINGDICE, OR YOUR USE OF EITHER OF THEM, WHETHER BASED ON, NEGLIGENCE, TORTS, STRICT LIABILITY OR OTHER LEGAL OR EQUITABLE THEORY.
You agree to defend, indemnify and hold harmless SlicingDice, its contractors, suppliers and licensors, and their respective directors, officers, employees and agents from and against any and all claims, suits actions, liabilities, costs, damages and expenses, including reasonable attorneys' fees, arising out of or related to your use of the Site and/or SlicingDice, including but not limited to your violation of this Agreement.
13. Assignments and Transfers
You may not assign this Agreement, in whole or in part, without the prior written consent of SlicingDice. Any assignment in violation of this Section 12 shall be void, ab initio, and of no effect. Subject to the foregoing, this Agreement is binding upon, inures to the benefit of and is enforceable by, the parties and their respective successors and assigns.
14. Governing Law and Jurisdiction
This Agreement will be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of Brazil. All disputes arising out of or relating to this Agreement will be submitted to the exclusive jurisdiction of São Paulo Court in Brazil. This Agreement shall not be governed by the 1980 UN Convention on Contracts for the International Sale of Goods.
This Agreement constitutes the entire agreement between SlicingDice and you concerning the subject matter hereof, and supersedes any and all prior oral or written agreements, understandings and quotations relating hereto. If any provisions of this Agreement are held to be illegal, invalid or unenforceable, this shall not affect the legality and validity of the other provisions, which means that such provisions shall, if required, be modified or reformed to the fullest extent possible under applicable law so as to reflect the original intent of SlicingDice. The provisions of Sections 3, 4(a), 4(d), 5(c), 6(a), 8, 9(c), 10, 11, 12, 14 and 15 of these Terms will survive the termination or expiration of the Agreement.
Effective Date: June 13, 2016
WE ENCOURAGE YOU TO PERIODICALLY REVIEW THIS PAGE FOR THE LATEST INFORMATION ON OUR PRIVACY PRACTICES.
Use and Purpose of Collected Personal Data
The term “Personal Data” means information relating to an identified or identifiable natural person that is, someone who can be directly or indirectly identified. This will include your full name, physical address, email address, telephone number, or any other personal information that, alone or in combination with other information, enables contact with you physically or online.
On the Site, we collect Personal Data knowingly and voluntarily provided by you when you:
- (i) register for any of our services;
- (ii) submit requests, suggestions, or other communications to us;
- (iii) interact with the Website or SlicingDice in any way that submits, releases or displays your Personal Data to us.
- carry out the sales, sales solicitation, shipment of products, complete orders, and provide other services performed by us or third parties;
- carry out identity verification and authentication in order to provide services to you;
- provide products and services that you have purchased;
- respond to your inquiries or complaints;
- advertise or promote products and services offered through the Site;
- develop new products and services;
- contact you regarding our products and services or your use of the Site;
- carry out marketing data surveys, statistics and/or analysis;
- create, send and utilize mailing lists;
- provide system maintenance or handle system malfunctions;
- and/or other separately and explicitly prescribed purposes.
We may also collect information and data you choose to provide that is not Personal Data, such as your occupation, affiliated companies, and general location. Additionally, we may collect technical information relating to your mobile phone, mobile device or computer and the way you interact with the Site, such as your IP address, browser type, and aggregate user data. This information is used to identify your internet browser, store your user preferences, authenticate user sessions, provide services, and determine whether you have installed the software necessary to access certain material or applications on the Site.
- to help facilitate the Site (for example, by providing website development, or sending communications to users), but for use solely in connection with facilitating the Site;
- in connection with a legitimate business purpose of SlicingDice, if the third party owes us a duty of confidentiality;
- to (i) comply with lawful requests such as subpoenas or court orders, (ii) comply with applicable state, federal, or local law, (iii) prevent fraud or other illegal activities from being perpetrated through the Site, or (iv) protect the property, safety, or legal rights of SlicingDice and its users;
- to any third party whom you have consented to receive your Personal Data; and/or
- to affiliated companies or business successors of SlicingDice.
SlicingDice uses third party payment processors to process payments made to us. In connection with the processing of such payments, we do not retain any personally identifiable information or any financial information such as credit card numbers. Rather, all such information is provided directly to our third party processors. These third party processors currently include Stripe, and their privacy policies may be viewed at:
- Stripe: https://stripe.com/privacy/;
Third Parties Who May Collect Information
The following third parties may collect information through the Site, but, except as set forth above, such information shall not include Personal Data unless you post or publish such Personal Data in areas of the Site accessible to other users or the public:
- third parties that help facilitate the Site may, from time to time, collect information through the Site in the course of providing support;
- we may share Site information with partners for marketing purposes;
- third parties may collect other information that you voluntarily post or publish through the Site in any way; and/or web-crawlers such as Google or Yahoo may collect information through the Site.
Online Advertising and Tracking
Because there is not yet a consensus on how companies should respond to web browser-based or other do-not-track ("DNT") mechanisms, we do not respond to web browser-based DNT signals at this time.
SlicingDice uses secure server technology because we want your Personal Data to be safe. SlicingDice will use commercially reasonable measures to safeguard Personal Data stored in our servers and databases against loss, theft, and unauthorized disclosure or use. Please be aware that no security measures are perfect, and SlicingDice is under no obligation to use such security measures. Furthermore, we cannot control the actions of third parties with whom you choose to share information. We are therefore not responsible for circumvention of any security measures by third parties or of any unauthorized access or use of your Personal Data made by third parties. Any disclosures that you make of your own volition to the Site or anyone else are made at your own risk.
If you ask us to delete your Personal Data from our records, we will use commercially reasonable efforts to do so while retaining any record necessary to comply with a governmental authority or applicable federal, state, or local law. Even after removal, however, copies of your Personal Data may remain viewable in cached or archived pages or if other users have copied or stored such information. If you would like to contact us about the Personal Data you have submitted, please contact us at: email@example.com.
We use session ID and persistent cookies. We use session cookies to make it easier for you to navigate the Site. A session ID cookie expires when you close your browser. A persistent cookie remains on your hard drive for an extended period of time. You can remove persistent cookies by following the directions provided in your Internet browser's "help" file.
We set a persistent cookie to store your preferences so that each time you visit the Site you do not have to set your search preferences more than once. Persistent cookies also enable us to track and target the interests of our users to enhance the experience on our Site.
Amending and/or Modifying Your Personal Data
At your request, we will: (i) inform you of what personal information we have on file for you; (ii) amend or modify the personal information that we have on file for you; and/or (iii) remove personal information that you have provided to us, or that we have collected. You may do so by contacting us via e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org; provided, however, that we ask individuals to identify themselves and the information requested to be accessed, amended or removed before processing such requests, and, to the extent permitted by applicable law, we may decline to process requests that are unreasonably repetitive or systematic, require disproportionate technical effort, jeopardize the privacy of others or would be extremely impractical (for instance, requests concerning information residing on backup tapes).
Please be advised that, after you delete your personal information, residual copies may take a period of time before they are deleted from our active servers and may remain in our backup systems. In addition, we will retain and use your personal information as necessary to comply with our legal and accounting and auditing obligations, resolve disputes and enforce our agreements.
SlicingDice registrants may opt-out of receiving electronic communications from SlicingDice at any time by following the "unsubscribe" instructions in any SlicingDice e-mail received by registrant or by visiting http://www.slicingdice.com/unsubscribe.html. Please note that unsubscribing from one email list does not automatically unsubscribe you from any other email list that you may be on. Please read the email carefully to find out which list you are unsubscribing from. To unsubscribe from all SlicingDice email lists, please Click Here. Please note that even if you unsubscribe from all SlicingDice email lists, you will continue receiving service-related communications, such as order confirmations, payment information, operational notifications, or updates to our terms or policies.
To opt-out of having your information shared with third parties, please Click Here.
Sale, Merger, Consolidation and/or Change in Control
In its sole discretion, SlicingDice may transfer, sell or assign your Personal Data collected on and through the Site to one or more third parties, as a result of the sale, merger, consolidation, change in control, transfer of substantial assets, reorganization or liquidation of SlicingDice and/or its affiliated online properties; provided, however, that if we are involved in a merger, acquisition or sale of all or a portion of our assets, you will be notified via email and/or a prominent notice on the Site of any change in ownership or uses of your personal information, as well as any choices that you may have regarding your personal information.